- Last revision 24th September 2019
OUR PRINCIPLES REGARDING USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- User privacy and data protection are human rights.
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data.
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary.
- We will never spam.
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found below) for clarification.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page the data that you supply will be stored by this website. We will never pass your data to any of the third party data processors. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
We use 2 types of cookies on our website:
- Cookies that are required for the site functionality to work. These do not collect or hold any personal data.
- Google Analytics. We use these to monitor visitor behavior so we can analyse website activities and improve your user experience. This data is collected anonymously however your IP address will be included in the data Google collect. We do not use this information.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not store any personal information on our website.
YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST YOUR DATA BE DELETED
This is commonly called the right to be forgotten. To request that we remove all data about your from our systems please email email@example.com Do not forget to give us your full name you booked with us under and your email address so we can correctly identify you.
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
This website is hosted by Alpha Tango at Catalyst2 within a UK data centre located in London.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
OUR THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller is: